A rare type of migraine
Hemiplegic migraine is a type of migraine that is as rare as it is serious. Its symptoms may be associated with stroke symptoms such as, for example, muscle weakness that can cause temporary paralysis on one side of the body, also called Hemiplegia .
SymptomsSometimes, upstream of the pain caused by this migraine, other symptoms can be felt. They are called auras , they can include temporary disorders affecting the muscles involving, therefore, a loss of control and / or sensations such as:
- Intense, throbbing pain, often on one side of the head.
- A feeling of needles , which often travels from the hand to the arm.
- Numbness on one side of the body , which may include an arm, a leg and half of the face.
- Weakness or paralysis on one side of the body.
- Loss of balance and coordination .
- Dizziness or vertigo .
- Nausea and vomiting .